注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 3637|回复: 0

Forwarded:The So-called Lay Buddhist

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-9-19 11:03:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 班玛藏龙 于 2015-9-19 11:11 编辑

Once a businessman came to me for offering in his own understanding. While in accordance with the standard of Buddhism, he is just a Buddhist in name and an atheist. 'Cause he is educated so, which is aiming at being a successful businessman here, one has to follow the pace of the surroundings. In case of conscientiousness prevails, no way to accumulate ones commercial fortune. That's why his questions are focused on his commercial value and have nothing to do with Buddhism.

Being a real lay Buddhist, one should care more about where I'm from, who I am and why I am who I am, where I shall go and how, other than insisting on the wrong views that human being disapeared forever after death which is called eternalism and nihilism. With these wrong views, they never behave themselves. Those telling the truth about soul are laughed at as superstitionists and laggards. Why? Because in such atmosphere loving and being kind with ones soul to others are not allowed most of the time, due that it will not help to accumulate wealth and power, either to groups, or individuals.

How to put the slogan that being kind and loving to all the beings into practice? The answer is generation of Boddhicitta and to practice it. It's ture that we all love our families. As qulified lay Buddhists, we should love billions of people the same we do to our families, and dedicate all our efforts at any cost even sacrifcing our livies to help to make a better world. By doing so, the slogan conducts with the practice other than being a lay Buddhist in disguise.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|班玛陈来藏传佛教文化交流中心

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:36 , Processed in 0.284859 second(s), 20 queries .