找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 3701|回复: 0

Forwarded---Enemy VS Let go & gain

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-9-25 14:21:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
An American used to tell me that he is enjoying his life and is very happy with what he has, and he felt nothing wrong. I asked him, “Happy for you. But are you sure you will enjoy the same tomorrow? Can you say for certain about your next life?” He said no. I told him that is true. No one can guarantee one will have the same good tomorrow as he does today. No one can guarantee that one will be a human being for the next life. If one is leading a life as one used to, sooner or later one’s body can’t meet the requirement of one’s soul. Thus feels frustrated mentally, and even worry about the arrival of adversity some day in the future. Why? Because one is infected with the virus of craving. Such craving is one’s biggest enemy, who let one suffer one life after another. Once transcending such craving, one will be clear about everything. As the Buddha goes, “Buddha-gotra lies in every being.” That is to say every being has the chance to be enlightened. Enlightment is a kind of gain. In order to gain, one has to let go first. How to make it happen? In brief, one should not be too stubborn. No matter how stubborn one is, one still can’t stop one’s soul apart from the body one day. Everyone has a person that one is deeply obsessed in. Are you feeling painful if this is person is taken away by others? The answer for sure is yes, either physically or mentally, even both. What if this person one day become a dead body? Are you still obsessed in it? I think the answer is no. If yes, why don’t you fight with the people that burn this body?

Stated above, I’m telling you that this obsession is a kind of stubborn. It is called bad habit in Buddhism term. Dominated by these bad habits, one is destined to suffer more and more. What’s worse, one will spread this suffering to others.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|班玛陈来藏传佛教文化交流中心

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:02 , Processed in 0.280316 second(s), 20 queries .